‘Democracy like a movie II’ is a Youth in Action project action 1.3 Youth Democracy Project. The project involves 3 promoters, 2 from Turkey Canakkale and 1 from Craiova Romania. Also the applicant Ngo is from Craiova. Through our project, we would like to show how democracy works nowadays in Romania and the other participant country.
Each Ngo will provide 6 participants that will work in two teams making two movies about contemporary democracy in the two countries. We will try to find out by discussing with stakeholders, decision makers and European representatives, using non-formal methods. These activities will take place in Craiova and in Canakkale. The project will last for 183 days.
- – To promote active citizenship of young people in general and European citizenship in particular
- – To develop solidarity and promote tolerance among young people, in particular to strengthen social cohesion in the European Union
- – Foster mutual understanding between young people in different countries. To promote European cooperation in the youth field and to help develop the quality of the support systems for youth activities and the capacity of civil society organizations in the youth field
- – Also we encourage the participation of youngsters cultural diversity
- – European citizenship
- – Raising awareness of 24 young people from Craiova and Canakkale about their rights and fundamental freedoms during the seven months
- – Reduction of racist and discriminatory tendencies manifested towards Roma youth and young Kurds in Craiova and Canakkale, during the seven months
- – Increasing involvement in civic and social activities for 24 young people from Craiova and Canakkale, during the seven months
- – Facilitating dialogue and communication between decision makers at all levels for 24 young people from Craiova and Canakkale, during the seven months
- – Raising awareness about the importance of participating in elections of the European Parliament by voting among the 24 young people from Craiova and Canakkale, during the seven months.
Main activities of the project
Activity # 1: Promoting the project in the local community and selection of participants
Period: 1st – 2nd month
Activity # 2: Support a training session on human rights and the evolution of democracy in the modern era to modern times: 31th January 4st February
Period: 3rd – 4th month
Activity # 3: Meetings between the participants and decision makers at local, national and European level
Period: 4th – 5th month
Activity # 4: Visit of Turkish partners in Romania 17th February 23rd February
Period: 5th month
Activity # 5: Visit of the Romanian participants in Turkey and the final ceremony 24th March 30th March
Period: 5th – 6th month
The profile of the candidates:
- youngsters with the age between 18 and 30
- valid passport minimum 6 months
- active and eager to experience something new
- willingness to travel in another country
- responsible and conscientious
- person with initiative
- youngsters willing to develop personal skills and competences
- medium English level
1. Pro Civica Association from Craiova – the applicant
2. The Association of 3D Youngsters – partner
3. Çanakkale Kent Konseyi Gençlik Meclisi from Turkey – partner
4. Çanakkale Koza Gençlik Derneği – partner
Accommodation, meal and transportation
The participants will be accommodated in rooms separated for boys and girls, non-smoking and with personal bath. The costs are 100% supported by the project.
Before coming to Craiova, the participants will fill in the application forms for special need regarding food preferences, medical needs and treatments.
The participants will travel by plane, bus and train, second class.
Craiova is the capital of the region Oltenia in the south west of Romania and capital of Dolj County. Is the 6th largest city in Romania and is situated near the east bank of the river Jiu. It is a longstanding political center, and is located at approximately equal distances from the Southern Carpathians (north) and the River Danube (south). Craiova is the chief commercial city west of Bucharest and the most important city of Oltenia Region. The city prospered as a regional trading centre despite an earthquake in 1790, a plague in 1795, and a Turkish Jassault in 1802 during which it was burned.
Çanakkale is a town and seaport in Turkey
, in Çanakkale Province
, on the southern (Asian) coast of he Dardanelles
) at their narrowest point. The population of the town is 106,116 (2010 estimate).Çanakkale Province, like Istanbul Province
, has territory in both Europe
. Ferries cross here to the northern (European) side of the strait. The city is the nearest major town to the site of ancient Troy
. The “wooden horse” from the 2004 movie Troy
is exhibited on the seafront. Çanakkale is the second city to be situated on two continents after Istanbul. However Çanakkale is closer to mid-division than Istanbul.
The trip to Canakkale will be made by private/confortable buss. The trip it’s approximately 10h long and we have the possibility to stop and sightsee along the road.